THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Bari-Educational TV: Videos To Teach You About You And Your Options

  • 1. The Stages of Digestion
  • 2. Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
  • 3. Gastric Banding
  • 4. Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • 5. Duodenal Switch
"Eat right, exercise regularly, die anyway."

~ Author Unknown

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Get Set...

I cannot believe that the time is finally drawing near for my big day.  Today is the 12th day of my liquid diet, and my surgery is only 4 days away.  I've lost 10 lbs in these last 12 days. WOW!!  People keep asking me if I'm nervous and maybe I will be when I'm finally laying in the pre-op area or being wheeled into the room but for now, I'm not nervous at all.  Everyone has warned me that I will initially feel like "what the hell did I do??", but my silly sense of invincibility says, "nah, I won't feel like that."  I think that because everyone has told me what to expect I'll know what feelings or second thoughts are normal.  I expect to be in pain but I'm also one who tends to be able to function through pain.....a history of migraines will do that to you.  I've been told that the sooner I get up and get walking the shorter my recovery time will be so I'm already mentally preparing myself to push through the pain.  Are my expectations of myself unrealistic?  Possibly.  I have no idea how I will really feel but I'm trying to be as optimistic as I can be.  It's been a long road up until now and I still have a long road ahead.  So often you hear the saying, "this isn'a a sprint, it's a marathon".  Well, I've run 4 full marathons in my life with lots of training and I can say that these last 11 months have definitely been a training season for the long race ahead.  It's only a mere 4 more days until I stand at that starting line.  When the starting gun goes off the only thing that I can do is take a deep breath, close my eyes, and wake up to a new life.

0 comments: