THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Bari-Educational TV: Videos To Teach You About You And Your Options

  • 1. The Stages of Digestion
  • 2. Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
  • 3. Gastric Banding
  • 4. Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • 5. Duodenal Switch
"Eat right, exercise regularly, die anyway."

~ Author Unknown

Sunday, November 29, 2009

I haven't posted much this week as I haven't been feeling all that well.  I think that I've been pushing myself a little more than I should, which has been hard not to do!  The weather has been pretty nice so I've wanted to get out and get moving but I have to remember that my surgery was just a short 3 weeks ago and that my body is truly still healing.  I'm proud of myself for the days that I've hit over 12,000 steps on my pedometer, but I think I might need to scale back just a little.  I'm glad that I've taken a full 6 weeks away from work to allow myself the time that I need.  There are some days when I feel like I can take on the world, then others where I'm reminded of the fragility that's still there.

I've had to scale back on my pureed diet a little as well as my lower digestive system has been hibernating during these last weeks of liquid dieting.  It's taking some effort to wake up my system and that process hasn't been without some pain and discomfort.  To be honest, it's so much easier to get in my proteins and fluids through drinking that I actually prefer sticking with a liquid diet these days anyway!  I never imagined myself preferring a liquid diet to eating but it's nice to have this "honeymoon period" where I'm not fighting cravings.  I know that it will not always be this easy but for now, I'll take it!!

That's all for now, just a little update to let you know that I'm still alive and kicking.  I will hit my first milestone within the next couple of days so I'll be sure to post and let you know what that is!  In the meantime, be healthy, wealthy, and wise, and enjoy this wonderful holiday season for it most certainly is "the most wonderful time of the year"!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have been looking for you and your words of wisdom! You take care and heal..we love hearing from you but want u well and safe.
Debbie