THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Bari-Educational TV: Videos To Teach You About You And Your Options

  • 1. The Stages of Digestion
  • 2. Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
  • 3. Gastric Banding
  • 4. Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • 5. Duodenal Switch
"Eat right, exercise regularly, die anyway."

~ Author Unknown

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sundays At Mama's House

I woke up today feeling extremely lonely for some reason.  I had decided that I was going to start my liquid diet a day early (today) as it just seems appropriate as it's the first day of the week.  What's interesting is that it seems like I'm being tested.  Because I feel lonely, I want to go ahead and eat today, but I'm going to be strong, do my chores to stay busy, and remember that food is meant for nourishment, not to be my friend.

Growing up, Sunday dinner was always somewhat of a big production.  My mom would start prepping things on Saturday nights and the smells of great tasting food would start wafting their way upstairs even early in the morning.  By the time we came home from church, the only thing we needed to do was heat everything up and throw the freshly raised dinner rolls into the oven to bake.  We'd laugh and talk over the meal just enjoying the time together.  Afterward, we'd all relax in the den and snooze or maybe watch a movie.  I really miss those days sometimes.  It was family time, but family time that was also centered around food.  I think that I am really going to start noticing now exactly how much food is the center of quality time between family and friends.  When I do see my family for visits or holidays it will be a strange time, but I can only hope that I will have their support in a way that considers the differences in my dietary needs and that the focus can shift more from the food to the gift of the family time.  Perhaps the family dinners can now begin to incorporate healthier foods, not so much for my benefit alone, but for the benefit of all of us.

0 comments: